HALL OF FAME
WATER SKI & WAKEBOARD CANADA
Categories, Selection Criteria & Nomination Process
Categories, Selection Criteria and Nomination Process
Celebrating success is a hallmark of a successful organization. Hall of Fame not only celebrates success, but also acts as a living history, so as people change within the organization, its successes are not lost. A Hall of Fame is a legacy for future generations of water skiers and wakeboarders to learn from the past in shaping the sport of tomorrow. The Water Ski and Wakeboard Canada Hall of Fame is proud to honour and recognize the special accomplishments of its athletes, and the significant contributions of its builders and pioneers. There are three categories of induction into the Hall of Fame – Athlete, Builder and Pioneer.
1. Be a Canadian citizen.
2. Be retired from Open competition for at least 3 years*. But, may still be active in age-based divisions.
* (Special consideration maybe given to those not meeting the retirement clause)
3. Must have skied in the National Championships at least once.
4. Must have achieved significant International success.
5. Must demonstrate the following qualities: leadership, sportsmanship and community service.
1. Be a Canadian Citizen.
2. Have made an outstanding contribution to the sport over many years.
3. Has demonstrated quality of leadership and community involvement
1. Has made a unique and outstanding contribution to the sport.
2. This category is not meant for yearly selection.
1. There are no automatic inductions.
2. Any individual or organization can make nominations.
3. Nominations must be received using the Official WSWC Hall of Fame Nomination form, no later than September 1st for consideration for induction in the following year.
This nomination form contains 4 parts. Please read carefully through each section, filling out all fields with the correct information.
Do Not Fill This Out